Inspired Living: A La Carte
Come once, weekly, monthly or....
Grounded. Centered. Inspired.
"Yoga therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the teachings and practices of yoga.” International Association of Yoga Therapists Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists.
When adapted to meet the needs of the individual, yoga may help with healing or managing injuries and health challenges. It can also help to reduce heightened stress levels that create havoc in our bodies such as digestive disturbance, fatigue, insomnia, inflammation, weight loss or gain, restlessness, anxiety and pain. As an empowering holistic approach to health, yoga therapy provides specific practices to help us reduce or eliminate symptoms that cause pain, limitations or emotional drain so that we can increase our potential for ease of body and mind and experience greater energy and vitality.
To receive these benefits from our yoga practice we need two things:
1) A yoga therapist to provide the knowledge to know what, when and how to incorporate specific practices; and
2) The discipline/inspiration for practice.
I work with people who have limited mobility, those who are new to yoga, athletes, and with experienced yoga students and teachers.
1) We identify your starting point and goal;
2) I provide the recommended practices; they could include specific asana sequences, meditations, breathing techniques, nutrition, journaling, aromatherapy or lifestyle practices;
3) We review and practice to ensure integration and understanding of the practices; and
4) Once this has been established, we determine how often you will incorporate the practices and when to continue with the yoga therapy sessions.
The recommendations are always realistic in terms of time management and they are gradually integrated for optimal results.
How many sessions will be required?
It depends on your starting point and goal. Some come twice and then practice on their own. Others come weekly and some come every two or three weeks for 6 to 24 weeks.
Regardless of what we may be experiencing, whether it's the demands of everyday living, an illness, injury, work issues, change or... With yoga therapy, we gain greater self-knowledge and develop the techniques to maintain motivation to positively keep-up with our intentions.
Fee: $110 - (75Minutes)
Don't wait until you have the time or energy to take care of yourself;
Take care of yourself and feel your time and energy expand to new possibilities!
Member of the Academy of Naturopath and Naturotherapist of Canada.